Mary's Harbour surrounds the beautiful St. Mary's River.St. Mary's River was the site of a salmon fishery as early as the 1780's. However Mary's Harbour was not a permanent settlement until after a fire at Battle Harbour in 1930. The International Grenfell Association decided to relocate its hospital and boarding school, destroyed by the fire, from Battle Harbour to Mary's Harbour. Mary's Harbour has always depended on the fishery for its livelihood. Since the cod moratorium the community has thrived on the crab fishery. The Labrador Fishermen's Union Shrimp Company employs over 120 people at the local crab processing facility. It is also the gateway to the Battle Harbour National Historic District of Canada.
- Population: 474
- Postal Code: A0K 3P0
- Location: On Route 510, 172 km from the Quebec/Labrador border
Services & Facilities
Hotel, restaurants,post office, hospital, recreation centre, grocery stores, liquor store, lounge, craft shop, beauty salon, garage, gas stations(diesel)